Tuesday 27 May 2008

May Challenge for Inkurable Stampers.




The theme for this month at Inkurable Stampers is "Women" so I decided to try a vintage card using this gorgeous Stamp-It stamp called Charlotte. I love this stamp but don't often get an opportunity to use it!
For the background paper I used a sheet of old music paper (another flea-market find), and gessoed the paper and used Tim Holtz China Blue distress ink over it - I think I may have overdone the gesso though as the music paper doesn't really show through.........you may get a better view if you click on the photo for a larger view.
I coloured Charlotte's shawl with Tim Holtz Aged Mahogany distress ink and glued a little ribbon rose to the centre of it. I tore around the edges of the paper and inked the edges with Antique Linen distress ink. I've glued this piece to some Collections 'French Wallpaper' patterned paper, then sewn this to a burgundy card. I also sewn a piece of lace, inked with Antique Linen distress ink, down the side.
I've also added some Collections words, popped onto dimensional dots, some flowers, more lace and a button sewn on with embroidery thread.
I put more dimensional dots on the back of the burgundy card and stuck it to a beige folded square card.
Thanks for looking! :)

5 comments:

Sarah Feeney said...

Great work Lyn! :)
Thanks for returning to the challenge! :)

Connie Fossenier said...

Beautiful Card, and love how you used the gesso and lacy embellishments.
Connie Paxman

Anonymous said...

Just gorgeous, that shawl looks almost real :) from V2

Anonymous said...

oh, lovely card Lyn; lots of variety in embellishments there to absorb; well done.

Orion Designs said...

Beautiful card and I love the angles on your photos!
Vicki