Thursday 5 June 2008

Timeless Beauty!




I'm not sure who makes the stamp I used for this card as it is a used unmounted stamp that I bought from Ebay ages ago. I think I can safely say that this image is taken from the famous Botticelli painting 'The birth of Venus' . The original painting is thought to have been painted around 1482! What a timeless beauty she is!



I've stamped Venus onto beige paper using Versafine Vintage Sepia ink to give her a subtle look. The background behind her is another Technique Junkie tech. from the Feb 2008 newsletter called Pouncing.



I've finished the card off with a Collections word, flowers, Kaiser gems and a vintage button. In hindsight I probably shouldn't have used such a large flower though, I think it's a little over-powering.


Thanks so much for visiting my blog!
Update: I've been told that the stamp could be a Cherry Pie one, it certainly looks the same as mine - you can see it HERE . Thanks for letting me know Betty!

No comments: