Saturday 27 September 2008

Black and white rainbow card.




This is a card for another of Pernickety's blog challenges. This is one of Becky Fleck's card sketches, with the added twist of making the card 6" x 6", a black and white background and a "rainbow" theme.

I made this rainbow background ages ago and had a small piece left over so I used it as my "rainbow".......can't remember exactly how I made it, but it uses Kaleidacolor ink, I think I flicked water on it and added some Brilliance gold re-inker. The background is cuttlebugged black and white cardstock using the Swiss Dots embossing folder - the black piece is swiped with white Staz-on ink and the white piece is done with black Staz-on ink.

The phrase and the butterfly are both stamps by The Darkroom Door - I stamped the phrase onto a piece of acetate and layered it over the rainbow piece. I've also used an assortment of flowers and brads and metal embellishments.

It was Grand Final day here for our Australian Rules Football, as my team didn't make the finals I managed to fit in some card-making while I was sort of watching the game in the background. I was barracking for the underdog, The Hawks........and they did get up and win it! Hopefully next year my boys, The Tigers will be there!

Enjoy the rest of your weekend........we are having a lovely Spring day here today!

1 comment:

Shirley said...

How cute and different too! You certainly have a knack for putting different layouts together and making them work. Great card!