Saturday 11 October 2008

Grungy cute???



This card is for a sketch challenge on the Penny Black Challenge blog. I keep telling myself I don't like 'cute' cards, but they seem to creep into my art when I'm not looking! The stamp is definitely 'cute', but I've tried to grunge it up a bit by using Basic Grey papers from the Blush range, and distressed the edges up. My background for the doggie image, it's actually called 'I'm so cute', is made using Tim Holtz Antique Linen distress ink.......I used the same ink for the background of the greeting circle too. I coloured the image with Marvy markers and a Dove blender pen. The circles are cut with Nestability dies.

Other supplies used -
Prima flower, foam flowers (can't remember the brand....just from Kmart).
Kaiser pearls.
Brown velvet ric-rac, staples, brown card.

Thanks for visiting!

4 comments:

fishlips said...

Lyn, Ok I won't say it looks cute, I won't say it...So that being said, I really love the grunge look of this card and the papers are outstanding. Your layers and layout are really really nice...Such a great looking GRUNGY card!!!

Shirley said...

He is just too precious and your painting is beautiful!

Vicky said...

Great mix of pps & I thik you did a fab job colouring that image...(& he is cute!) Good luck :)

Barb Hardeman said...

Lyn! How cute is this card? Sorry, I couldn't help myself. I have some images of this little dog that someone stamped off for me. I think he's so sweet, but your papers are what really make this card! Adorable!