Saturday 22 November 2008

The 5th day of Christmas!

A bit behind again, but this is Sandie's challenge from yesterday. The challenge was to use five gold brads on a card.......I've used four small brads and one large brad.


I used Laura's sketch 13 from the 2 sketches 4 You blog......... I nearly fell off my chair when I saw that the bonus sketch for this week was almost the same as the card I did for the 4th day of Christmas challenge a few days ago LOL..........I swear I didn't copy it though, I thought that layout up all by myself!

Sandie hasn't put up the sketch for day 6 yet, so that will have to wait for tomorrow as I'm leaving to go out with my DH for a night at the velodrome for the last night of the cycling world cup. We went last night too and really enjoyed the night - this was an early birthday pressie for my DH, it's his birthday on Monday....he is so hard to buy for, but he loves cycling so it was the perfect present...and I get to share it too LOL!

Do you notice something about this card? There's NO stamping on it at all!

11 comments:

Sandie said...

Gorgeous card Lyn. Sorry for falling behind with today's challenge. I was in the middle of changing over email addresses - Sean has been working hard on it.
I now have my own email address - yay.
Day 6 challenge is up and running now.

thanks for joining in I'm luvin checkin out everyone's challenges.

Luv Sandie

Unknown said...

Gorgeous card! LOVE the patterned paper you used, great take on Laura's sketch!

B said...

Oooh, pretty! Love the brads you put on the corner

Laura Davis said...

This is beautiful Lyn! Great work:)
Laura

Unknown said...

Beautiful! That brown ribbon is so yummy!

Lea L. said...

Very pretty card...I love the background paper! Great job with the sketch!

~Lea

Lauren said...

Gorgeous Card, thanks for the comment on my blog. xxx

Katie said...

Very pretty! Love your take on the sketch!

Katie

Virginia Killmore said...

Love the no stamping Part! TFS

fishlips said...

Lyn This layout is super cute...Love the flower and the ribbon too... So pretty!!!

Shirley said...

Another beauty~ Love what you did with the flower and the BG is perfect for this one too!