Monday 24 November 2008

The 6th and 7th day of Christmas!

Just 2 quickies today for Sandie's challenges to catch up again. Similar cards and NO stamping again!

The card above is for the 6th day......the challenge was to use a star or stars on a Christmas card. My star is punched from gold cardstock. I just cut a triangle for the tree from Core'dinations cardstock and run it through my Cuttlebug in the snowflakes folder, I then lightly sanded the embossed bits to show through the core colour of the cardstock, then added a few pink rhinestones to the snowflake centres. I think it needs a greeting so I will probably add one later.......just wanted to get it finished quickly!


This is the card for the 7th day of Christmas, the challenge was to use ribbon, ric-rac or both on a Christmas card. I cut my tree from some very bright green metallic cardstock and "decorated" it with an assortment of ribbons and a piece of ric-rac. I layered the tree onto a white piece of cardstock cuttlebugged with the swiss dots folder. The greeting at the bottom is also a piece of ribbon. The green layer is stuck onto a white folded card, which is a bit hard to see.......I should have taken the photo against a coloured background so the white would stand out, but I was in too much of a hurry to finish!

14 comments:

B said...

Great jobs on both challenges! Love both of the trees!
Love how you sanded the embossing for the first tree and love the ribbon idea on the second!

Peachy said...

hi, just visiting here, you make such lovely cards :), greeting from Malaysia, Marilyn

Melissa said...

Great use of your cuttlebug! These are perfect for the holidays.

TFS!

Melissa

Dianne said...

Your 6th and 7th Days of Christmas cards are wonderful. I love the trees and the great texture on your cards...the pink one is amazing!

Kathi said...

Wow! Beautiful cards. I love how you use your cuttlebug folders.

Sandie said...

Wow these are both fantastic Lyn I especially love day 7.
Thanks heaps for joining in I'm luvin watching what you come up with.

Luv Sandie

Christine Riley said...

Wow, these are absolutely gorgeous! I love the elegance of these cards. Thanks so much for sharing!
Hugs, Christine :)

Virginia Killmore said...

Love the layers great textures TFS

Barb Hardeman said...

Lyn I love these. What super use of the CB on your backgrounds. I really love the second card. The Swiss Dots look like snow fall. So pretty...

fishlips said...

Wow Lyn Your trees are so so Stunning...Love the CB folder backgrounds too...Stunning Cards...Just Stunning!!!!

Vicky said...

Love your Xmas tree, what a great way to use up bits & pieces :)

Shirley said...

Both of these are simply wonderful and so creative! Wow!

Shirley said...

How wonderfully Asian and again so creative! You really know just how to use different elements and make them work!!!

BLJ Graves Studio said...

Beautiful cards! Love those CB embossing folders.