Wednesday 8 April 2009

Card Patterns Sketch #9

I've done this card for the sketch challenge #9 at Card Patterns blog. I chose an Oriental theme.



I used a new technique called Newsprint Reveal from the latest April/May issue of The Technique Junkies Newsletter. I put my own twist on the technique by using a page from a Chinese book instead of newspaper.


My silhouette stamp is from the Stonehouse Stamps Oriental Plate 10 and the 'Esteem' definition is from the Leave Memories 'Japanese Lessons' stamp plate. I've added thin red satin ribbon, a red flower gem, cherry blossom washi paper and I raised the definition on dimensional squares.

Thanks for dropping by my blog today!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW! This is a beauty Lyn!! Love your twist on the tech!! :) Very cool!!

whoistracy said...

Lyn it's always nice to see something different. I'm drawn to Oriental items- and this is just lovely!

Great take on the sketch. So glad you could join us.

Ann said...

That is a cool technique! Way to go, Lyn, for trying something new. I'm in a rut and need to push myself.

Shirley said...

What a lovely Asian card, Lynn. I like the design and the paper you used too! Seems I missed seeing the wonderful birthday card you made for your father. How very pretty and I bet he loves it. 80 is wonderful!

Kathi said...

Wow. Gorgeous. Stunning.

I need to find out more about that technique!

Sonya said...

Love the colours you have used here Lyn, and your theme is gorgeous. Love your take on the sketch.

BLJ Graves Studio said...

Beautiful card! Love the colors and dimension.

Virginia Killmore said...

Wow Lynn this is just beautiful the layers are wonderful!