Monday 22 June 2009

Bleached Leaves Card.



As promised, this is the 2nd card that I made using a bleaching technique. For my background piece I used 3 different Fred Mullett leaf stamps. If you haven't seen any of Fred's stamps before, he has the greatest fish and botanical stamps! I "inked" my stamps with bleach and randomly stamped the background - I liked the way the images came out, so left it that way.

For the main image, I used just one of the leaf stamps and overstamped the bleached image, firstly, with Brilliance Pearlescent Beige ink. I wasn't happy with how this looked as it was too pale, so I overstamped it again with Onyx Black Versafine ink (Yay for my Stampa-ma-jig!). This actually gave the image a really cool shimmery effect, so I was quite happy with something that started as a bit of a boo-boo!

I used my new Labels 3 Nestability dies, that I won as a blog candy prize from Spike, to cut my image out and I cut 2 larger ones to layer it on. The largest layer is inked up with a few different Tim Holtz Distress inks, misted with water and smooshed around.
OK, that's it from me! Hope you have a great day/night wherever you are in the world!

4 comments:

Ann said...

Beautiful, Lyn! I love that leaf stamp!

Anonymous said...

This is so gorgeous!! I really love leaves!! :) TFS!

Shirley said...

How beautiful! What you didn't like and then did were both perfect for it I think. The whole card is just gorgeous!

Carole M. said...

another fabulous card and great colours. Love the F.M. stamp range too.