Saturday 17 October 2009

I'm still here!!

I just wanted to give my blog readers a long overdue update on how things are going here, and show you some of the lovely cards I've been sent by well-wishers from around the world.

I can't believe it's been 5 weeks since I had surgery! I'm pleased to say that I'm feeling much better now, it took me a while to figure out why I kept feeling so nauseous during the night. Finally the penny dropped that it was a gastric reflux thing.........and I already had medication for it, I just thought I didn't need it! I haven't had any nausea for almost a week now so I'm eating a little better now, but still not up to a proper meal size portion. I've lost around 9.5kg since I got sick, but have only put 0.5kg back on again, so I have to take some protein supplement drinks to try and get my weight back up again.

My CT scan was clear, but my oncologist tells me that it won't show up microscopic sized cancer cells, so he's sending me for a PET scan next Wednesday. He hasn't scheduled me for Chemo yet as I was still feeling so sick when I saw him, but I guess I will know more when he has the PET scan results.

Here are some of the beautiful cards I've been sent from some of the online groups I belong to, and from my wonderful blogging friends. Thank you all so much for caring about me, I can't tell you how wonderful it's been reading your heartfelt messages!

Clockwise from top left: Sandy Nolan, Sharon Williams, Sonya Pickles, Janis Rothermel, Elaine Cox and Shanti Keogh.

Mary Waspe, Margaret Ashby, Bonnie Waliezer, Bonnie Belk, Margo Seegrist and Lyn Wareham.

Lydia Storey, Nancy Freckelton, Carole Meisenhelter, Diane Young and my dear friend Wirgie.


Suzanne Boyer, Marie Doody, LaVerne Wilson, Vicky Fernando and Minda Oberle.

3 comments:

Vicky said...

Hi Lyn, I`ve been checking everyday for news, thank you so much for letting us know how you are. I wish you all the best for the next scan, & keep positive :)
HUGS from Vicky :)

Anonymous said...

So very happy to hear that you are doing better Lyn!! It sure looks like you've gotten so much happy thoughts in the mail!! :) HUGS

Shirley said...

Good to hear you are better at night! I am defintely sending prayers and well wishes your way daily. I've heard it is what seems like a long road to hoe. Don't over do. Love all of your cards too!