Saturday 6 February 2010

Love is in the air!

Here's my card for this week's OSA Card Layout Challenge #56, an Oriental Valentine theme. You'll have to forgive my awful photo, my camera wouldn't play nicely with the red and black colours!


Are you wondering what I used to make the heart die-cut? I used plumber's weatherproofing tape, it's called 'Bear Flashtac weatherproofing tape' and comes with adhesive already on the back of it. It's quite thick though, so had to use the C plate in my Cuttlebug with the heart die, it was too thick for the B plate. The surface is like aluminium foil, so I used some alcohol inks on it for a polished stone look. I used one of my Asian Bundle embossing folders for the black background and added a strip of black and gold washi paper and some spotted black and white ribbon.

Oops, just realised there's no stamping on the card!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Lyn!! WOWZER!! That heart is just GORGEOUS!!! Love the black and red...so romantic!! Stunning details!! Have a great weekend sweetie!! HUGS

Teena in Toronto said...

Happy blogoversary :)

Christine Riley said...

Gorgeous card, Lyn, I love how you did the embossing!
Hugs, Christine

Vicky said...

LOL, I would never have guessed about the plumber`s tape, how clever!!! I hope all is going well with your treatment :)

Sonya said...

Hi Lyn, Thanks for popping by my blog., Have to say that Ive not been on there much latley, seems to be just too many other things to fit in. Hope your doing okay. Love that card, and I would not have picked up on the no stamping if you hadn't mentioned it. Take care, sending hugs xx

Sandie said...

Way too clever Lyn. Great job. Luv the colours. Must gets me some of that tape.

You have been up to some great creating since I popped in here last.

Well done.

Take care.

Luv Sandie

Kathi said...

Totally gorgeous! I love that color combo. I love the heart. And I totally adore the embossing!