Wednesday 9 June 2010

Brush Flower Card.

I seem to be using green and brown shades a lot lately, here's a card I've made for the latest Annabelle's Bling Sketch Challenge over at Annabelle Stamps Blog. For once, I've even finished my card early! If you'd like to enter this challenge you have until Friday June 18th, and there's also a prize up for grabs!



For my background piece I've used a technique from the latest Technique Junkie Newsletter called 'Glimmer Marbling'. I've stamped directly onto my background piece, all the stamps are by Penny Black, then layered the pieces onto black cardstock. I've added a strip of green grosgrain ribbon underneath and a row of Kaiser black rhinestones at the bottom of the card. The cardstock is from Pedigree Paper - if you happen to live in Melbourne, Pedigree Paper has a factory outlet shop that you can visit, just click on the link for the address.

On a personal note, my new chemotherapy regime seems to be much better for me. I have an infusion that lasts for around 45mins.......much better than the 4 hours for the previous regime, and it's so far so good with the new chemo tablets. I'm certainly not as tired and I've not had any nausea either......fingers crossed it stays that way!

Thanks for stopping by today, hope you are all having a lovely day!

11 comments:

Andrea said...

These colours are stunning, I love the look of these kind of techniques! Beautiful, beautiful card Lyn.
Thanks for playing along with us this week.
Andrea

Rene Sharp said...

This is a gorgeous card Lyn!! Great take on the sketch. Thanks for playing along with us at Annabelle Stamps!

Anonymous said...

Such a beautiful card Lyn! Great to hear that the new chemo is working better for you and that there is no nausea, that was the worst part for me. Have a wonderful weekend!

Kylie said...

Stunning card Lyn! Love the technique you used, it's Awesome and loving your colour combo!
AWESOME take on the sketch!
Thanks so much for playing along with us at AnnaBelle Stamps!

Have a great week!
Take Care,
Hugs,
Kylie X

B said...

Oh Lyn, this is lovely! Love that marble look!

Sonya said...

Love your card Lyn and your wonderful techniques. Great colours as well,I use lots of green :-)

Sonya said...

Forgot to add...So pleased to read that your new regime is kinder to you, I have my fingers crossed for you. xx

Vicky said...

This card is stunning, love the background, & the combination of colours. I'm so glad things are going well with the new treatment :) Sending you lots of hugs, cheers from V

Barb Hardeman said...

This is so beautiful, Lyn and the green and brown is so soothing to the eyes (and the soul). Glad to hear that this change in chemo is more user friendly for you. All the best...hugs...Barb

Shirley said...

How very very creative and lovely too!

Kathi said...

Wow. It's gorgeous. I love everything about it.

I'm glad that the new chemo regime is easier on you. {{((hugs))}}