Tuesday 27 July 2010

Christmas in July.

Hi everyone, there are a heap of challenges at the moment for Christmas in July cards. Since I'm always leaving mine until the last minute, I decided that this year I would get a head start on my cards. Sandie is having a month long challenge with a new theme each day, you can join in at any time though.

My first card is for Sandie's Day 1 challenge to use your Cuttlebug on your card, I've also entered it for Annabelle Stamps embossing challenge and Drunken Stampers Christmas card challenge. The stamp is by Stamp-It and I used the Victorian Cuttlebug embossing folder.


My 2nd card is for Sandie's Day 2 challenge, to use holly somewhere on your card....and it's another one for Drunken Stampers Christmas cards. My stamp is from the Darkroom Door Yuletide Vol 2 stamp set and the Design Paper is by Basic Grey. I sponged Shabby Shutters Distress ink over my image and coloured the leaves and berries with Distress inks too, then covered the berries with red glitter glue. The cardstock is some retired In-Colours from Stampin' Up.



Have a great day, and I'll be back tomorrow with some more Christmas cards to show you.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful cards Lyn! Doesn't it feel good to get your cards started early! Thanks for playing along with the Drunken Stampers this week too!

Andrea said...

These are both beautiful cards Lyn! The embossing on the first really sets the image off and the red one really jumps out at me, it's so elegant.
Thanks for playing along with us this week :)
Andrea

Kylie said...

Both of your cards are simply gorgeous, Lyn!
LOVE the Darkroom Door Stamp sets you used, your colours and design, can't choose a favourite love them both lol!
Thanks for playing along with our 'Say It With' Challenge at AnnaBelle Stamps!

Take Care, Hugs,
Kylie X

CuddlyBunny said...

Beautiful cards! I'm especially enamored of your choice of images on the first piece! Wonderful!

Thanks for dropping in at the Drunken Stampers craft pub!

Linda Ledbetter said...

Both cards are so beautiful, Lyn! I love your use of color-- really elegant and classic. Thanks so much for joining the Drunken Stampers Christmas in July Challenge!

A Consuming Passion said...

Both cards are beautiful Lyn, I love the layers on both and the traditional colours.
The second image is stunning!
Thanks for joining us once again at Annabelle Stamps.

B said...

Absolutely lovely! yay for starting early!

Kathi said...

Such a great idea to start early Wonderful card.

Godelieve said...

Great idea to start early, and your cards look wonderful!