Thursday 8 July 2010

Hedgie Birthday!

Hi everyone, sorry my posts are getting a little further apart, but I have so much else going on these days I hope you understand. Today is my twin daughters' birthdays and this is the card I made for Jo - hopefully she's not reading this as I'm not seeing her until tomorrow!

I used this week's sketch from Card Patterns #71 . My main image is of course one of Penny Black's hedgehog stamps, such cute characters. I've coloured the image with Copic Markers. The flowers borders are by Heidi Grace and the sentiment is computer generated using a Kim Hughes font. The green gingham paper is by Christine Re, and all cardstock is by Stampin' Up. Embellishments are some purple gingham ribbon, some painted wood flowers and metal brads.



We are heading down to Torquay tomorrow to visit my daughter Hayley, Jo and family are coming too so we can have a little belated birthday celebration for them both. I'll be back in a couple of days and I'll post the card I made for Hayley then.

Thanks so much for stopping by, I love to read your comments, they brighten my day!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a cute birthday card! Love that image! Have a fun trip!

B said...

How cute is this? :) Love the coloring and the little flowers on each side of the ribbon!

BLJ Graves Studio said...

Such a cute card... and happy birthday to your girls. :-)

Vicky said...

What a fun image, I'm sure your DD will love it :) BTW, I'm ordering some sunshine especially for you...enjoy Torquay :)

Sandie said...

Hi there Lyn. Such a cute, cute card.

Hope you enjoy your time away with all the family.

Luv Sandie

Kathi said...

Oh my! This is so very cute. I love the hedgehogs image, your coloring, the ribbon treatment, and those flowers.

Happy Birthday to your twins!