Thursday 20 January 2011

Red and White with Ribbons and Pearls!

Hi there, I'm back again with another card to share! First of all, thanks so much for all your supportive comments from yesterday's post, it means a lot to have such caring bloggy friends! I'm so glad I have this blog as I find it very therapeutic making papercraft creations, it takes my mind off everything for a while.

I received some new stamps in the mail a couple of days ago, and for once I've used them straight away! The stamps are from the latest release from AnnaBelle Stamps - All Things Must Grow clear stamp set. I used Impress Poppy Red ink for the images and Versafine Onyx Black for the greeting. I used a Nestabilities die to cut out the image. My background is embossed with a Cuttlebug blossoms folder from the Asian set. Also used Martha Stewart border punch, ribbons from my stash, pearls, red and white cardstock.


I've entered this card in the following challenges:-
AnnaBelle Stamps - Say It In....Red and White.
CPS - sketch #201
Glenda's Random Amusing Challenge #100
- Use red on your card.
Papertake Weekly - Ribbons and/or Pearls.

Thanks for stopping by today, hope you are having a lovely day!

17 comments:

Carole M. said...

Hi Lyn, your card is fabulous and again you take the cake, catering for four challenges in one hit! I think I'd love the Oriental CB background folder too. Your card is beautiful.

A Consuming Passion said...

Glad to hear your blogging friends have lifted your spirits Lyn! This is a wonderful community we belong to!

This is such a beautiful set of stamps. Perfect for so many occasions and you've created a lovely card with your set! I love the row of pearls along the scalloped border and the embossed background. Wonderful! Thanks for entering this card in the Red and White Challenge at AnnaBelle Stamps.

Flutterby Trina said...

Beautiful, love the stamps you have used! thanks for joining us at Papertake Weekly! Good Luck

Hugs

Katrina

xx

Kylie said...

WOW Lyn,
Your card is jaw dropping GORGEOUS!!!!!!
LOVE everything about it, from your embossing, the stamp set you used, that gorgeous ribbon, everything lol!

Thinking of you Lyn! Take care, Kylie X

Glenda J said...

Hugs to you and glad you are staying positive!

Your card is absolutely beautiful! Love everything about it! Thanks for playing along with my red challenge.

Anonymous said...

Your card is just beautiful! Crafting can be a great help along with knowing you have support out there!

Anonymous said...

So gorgeous Lyn!! LOVE the added pearls to your border!!HUGS

B said...

Lyn, this is just lovely from the embossing to the stamping to the pearls!

Tiffany said...

Gorgeous card. Thanks so much for playing with us over at AnnaBelle Stamps! :)

Linda . J said...

Gorgeous card love the colouring and beautiful image.
Thank you for joining us over at Papertake Weekly Challenge
Hugs Linda

wwilloww said...

Your card is beautiful!!! Thanks for sharing it and thank you for being the inspiration you are in the face of your cancer. My prayers are with you...

Vicky said...

I love the way you've used that nestie diecut, another beautiful card. Keep on creating, my friend :)

Andrea said...

Lyn......this is simply stunning!!
Thanks for playing along with our Red & White challenge :)
hugs,
Andrea

Kathi said...

Wow. Lovely card. I really like those images and all the great details you added.

Sue said...

this is super gorgeous Lyn, you have worked wonders with the colours scheme, love the pearls dotted across the centre, you have definately showcase the stamp set brilliantly!! crafting is wonderful therapy taking the mind into a whole different world! :)

Sue said...

oops!! forgot to add, congrats on the guest design possie, will be fabulous to have you one board!!

Liz Weber said...

Beautiful card Lyn, the colour scheme is so fresh and elegant. Your choice of stamp set is wonderful, I love this one too. Loving the fantastic card design. Thanks for playing along with us at AnnaBelle Stamps and CONGRATS on the Guest DT spot!