Thursday 10 February 2011

Chocolatey goodness!

Hi there! Today's card is a two-fer challenge. The first challenge is for Annabelle Stamps 'Say it in......Chocolate, Blue and Pink', the 2nd challenge is using the sketch below from Clean & Simple Stamping 126.



Talk about suffering for my art, I HAD to eat lots of chocolate to make this card, LOL! My flower is made from recycled chocolate wrappers, I thought the printed pattern on them was too pretty to throw out. I cut the wrappers out with 3 different sized dies from the Nestabilities Blossoms set and attached them to a Lacey circles die cut with a large brad.





Supplies used: Stampin' Up cardstock and inks.
Stamps - Darkroom Door Floral background stamp, Hero Arts outline heart, Stamp-It sentiment.
Ribbon and brad from my stash, Carl corner rounder punch.
Chocolate by Cadbury!

Hope you are having a great day, thanks for visiting!

9 comments:

Carole M. said...

...I'm sure with those luscious chocolate foils this in fact looks so good in real life; colour combos are great.

Kylie said...

What a Stunner Lyn and I bet those chocolates were yummy lol!
LOVE your flower and what an AWESOME idea to use the chocolate wrappers, great layout too, just stunning!
Thanks for playing along with us at AnnaBelle Stamps!

Take Care, Hugs,
Kylie X

Liz Weber said...

LOL Lyn the things we do for art. LOVE the yummy chocolate wrappers (very clever). Love the elegant design and you have used the colours perfectly. Thanks for joining in again at AnnaBelle Stamps!

Andrea said...

Love your flower Lyn! A great use for those wrappers!
Thanks for playing along with us this week :)
Andrea

Sue said...

Drop dead gorgeous Lyn!! what a bold and beautiful flower, stunning display of the sketch and the colours!
Thanks for joining in the fun at AnnaBelle Stamps! :)

Kathi said...

That's absolutely gorgeous! Wow. Stunning!!!

And how noble to suffer for your art.

Anonymous said...

WOW!! Lyn, the flower is just amazing girl!! LOVE your gorgeous layout too!! BIG HUGS

Shirley said...

How clever and how pretty too!

Jocelyn aka JoBear2 said...

Hi Lyn, thanks for visiting my Blog and leaving such a lovely comment - and thanks so much for becoming a Follower :-)

I wonder if we live near each other? I am not far from Greenborough (but I also understand if you don't want to share any suburb names).

I had a good chuckle when I read the details of this card! I bet the card and your dies smell delicious. Now I think I should head to my Craft Room via the chocolate stash in the kitchen cupboard and see what I can come up with ROFL!!