Wednesday 9 March 2011

Experimenting......

Sometimes inspiration hits you in the strangest places! These cards were inspired by a booth at a shopping centre selling silver jewellery. The booth's design featured outline flowers with some splashes of colour here and there, I immediately thought that would make a great card! I had to rely on my memory as I had no camera with me, and, as it turned out when I re-visited the shopping centre, my cards were quite different from what I had originally seen!

I started by spraying white cardstock with glimmer mists, for the first card I just used some Tattered Angels Vintage Pink. I used the same spray plus some TA Bronze on the 2nd card, and for the 3rd card I used the Vintage Pink and some homemade green spray - I made this with Tim Holtz Shabby Shutters re-inker and Pearl coloured Pearl Ex. The green is a little subtle and I should have added some more drops of re-inker I think. I did my stamping after the glimmer mists had dried. It was really hard to get a photo of the shimmer on the cards, I took the last photo as a close-up with some sunlight shining on it to give you a better idea of how the cards look in real life.

I'm entering these cards in the current Moxie Fab World challenge for Stamping With Shimmer Sprays.









Stamps used: Hero Arts Magnolia flower on the first two cards, Stampin' Up flowers from the 'Fifth Avenue Floral' set. All sentiments are by Stamp-It (Australia).

Hope you like my experiments, I had fun making these cards!

7 comments:

Sonya said...

Hi Lyn, I've been having a catch up and wow, you sure have been busy!! Sorry I have been missing for a wee while, I have just popped your lovely blog award onto my blog, sorry I've taken so long.
Your cards get more and more beautiful each time I pop by!

Anonymous said...

Hi Lyn!! WOW!! I love the look of this shimmer!! It's beautiful and it is very hard to capture in photos!! Looks so much better in person! :) HUGS

Anonymous said...

These are all just so lovely, I really like how you were able to catch the shimmer in the last photo.

Kathi said...

Gorgeous! I know they're even more beautiful irl. Why is it so hard to photograph bling and shimmer???

Vicky said...

These are so gorgeous, Lyn, & you did a great job photographing them & getting that glimmer :)

veronica said...

love your look! cool highlights to the flowers.

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Lyn! Thanks for entering the Stamping with Shimmer Sprays Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)