Tuesday 21 February 2012

40th Birthday Card

Hi everyone, just a quick post today from me. I had my 2nd chemo treatment yesterday and thank goodness my Oncologist juggled my meds - slightly reduced dose plus an extra anti-nausea med. It seems to have worked as I haven't had any bad nausea and no vomiting. Just feeling a little 'blah' and tired.

Here's a card that I made for my son-in-law's 40th birthday a couple of weeks ago that I hadn't got around to posting here yet. A very simple CAS design using a stamp called 'Mosaic Tiles' by an Aussie company, Eclectic Images - I've had this stamp for years and I think this is the first time I've used it! I stamped it used Faded Jeans Distress Ink directly onto a textured cream card base. The greeting is by Stamp-It, stamped using Versafine Black Onyx ink. I painted the raw chipboard numbers with black acrylic paint and adhered over the mosaic background.


I'm entering this card for this week's Annabelle Stamps challenge - Say It With.......Background Stamps.


OK, that's all folks!

9 comments:

Carole M. said...

so good to hear how you're getting through this next dose of chemo Lyn. A lovely card too; most effective; I bet those black numbers look good up front.

shirley said...

Fabulous CAS design Lyn!
Love the blue/white and the background stamp :)
Glad to hear you are feeling a little better. x

The Other Patti Sue said...

Awesome card! Great use of your background stamp! Thanks so much for joining us at AnnaBelle Stamps!

Anonymous said...

Hi Lyn!! Such a lovely design on your card! Love the big numbers overlaying it! :) Hang in there my friend! HUGS

Anonymous said...

Fantastic masculine card! Love the mosaic background!
Thanks for sharing with us at AnnaBelle Stamps this week!

A Consuming Passion said...

Hi Lyn, what a fabulous card for a male! Love the background you used and Numbers........great! Thanks for playing along with AnnaBelle again this week!

Sue said...

Glad to hear your last lot of treatment went better than the last one! I'm sure your son in law will love this CAS beauty, great colours for a masculine card!

Kathi said...

Stunning card. I know he loved it.

I'm glad that the treatment went better than the last one!

angelosam123 said...

Wow! Amazing design, it's great masculine card and information.
40th birthday card